15 Nov Success of the third edition of the Bizkaiko Txakolina – Laboral Kutxa Forum
On 12 November the third edition of the Bizkaiko Txakolina (Txakoli of Biscay) Laboral Kutxa Forum was held at the Bilbao Azkuna Zentroa and which has proven yet again to be a great success, both as regards the event contents as well as attendance. .
The Master of Wine, Pedro Ballesteros and Amaya Cervera, journalist and founder of the Spanish Wine Lover website, made their respective presentations underpinned by the wine tasting of six wines in each case. Ballesteros supervised a tasting of six original wines from around the world, whilst Cervera selected six Spanish Atlantic wines.
Both the selection of the wines as well as the content of the presentations were extremely interesting for an audience of approximately a hundred attendees, made up of Bizkaiko Txakolina (Txakoli of Biscay) winemakers and producers, professionals in the hospitality sector, among whom were renowned sommeliers, and specialised press.
Pedro Ballesteros underscored in his presentation the diverse formulas used in various Denominations of Origin worldwide, for the development and marketing of their respective wines. The Master of Wine reviewed various French, Italian, German, Greek and Australian denominations of origin (DOs), in order to illustrate the diverse solutions applied to different problems and which have been quite successful.
His presentation was based on a tasting of the following wines:
- Lapeyre CDF Evidencia Blanc Jurançon 2016, from France
- Viuva GOMES Colares Blanco 2016, from Portugal
- Assyrtiko by Gaia wild perferment Santorini P.D.O. 2016, from Italy
- CLISSON Muscadet sevre et Maine 2015, from France
- Donhoff Hermannshohle GG 2016, from Germany
- Grosset Polish Hill Riesling 2017 Clare valley, from Australia
Cervera, meanwhile, focused on the common characteristics and nuances which differentiate the various Atlantic wines, whose family includes the txakoli of Bizkaia (Txakoli of Biscay), and where she supervised the tasting of these wines:
- Albarín Blanco 2017, from Asturias
- Matías i Torres Malvasía seca 2016, from La Palma, Canary Islands
- Pomares Maceración con Pieles 2016, from Rías Baixas
- Leirana Finca Genoveva 2017, from Rías Baixas
- Albamar o Esteiro tinto 2016, from Rías Baixas
- El muelle de Olaso 2016, from Cádiz